Anyone looking for a 16v engine?

In the course of trying to find one for my own conversion project (I did!) I found a nearly complete 16v being advertised by Mancini Racing. Seems they are liquidating stock from a Chrysler engineering facility and they have several 2.2L engines including a "new" 8v and a prototype 16v Shelby.

The price for the Maserati 16v was too steep for me (7500) and the condition seemed pretty rough for that price.

Maybe someone else will want to give it a home.

yea that is kinda pricey. and ppl complain when a guy is selling a complete one for 2200$ and i was selling mine for 1200$ complete. oh well sucks ppl cant be local and get mad when you cant ship a motor. i hope for 7500 they would crate and ship that

yea that is kinda pricey. and ppl complain when a guy is selling a complete one for 2200$ and i was selling mine for 1200$ complete. oh well sucks ppl cant be local and get mad when you cant ship a motor. i hope for 7500 they would crate and ship that

I sure as heck hope I'm not lumped into the group you referenced as "ppl".:P Yes it is indeed dissapointing that you are too clueless (that's not fair actually, I should not make assumptions like that. I take back the clueless reference. Lazy maybe? Complacent? Innefectual? Obstinant? Could be any valid reason I suppose:rolleyes:) to crate/ship a motor for the FULL ASKING PRICE PLUS $400. more. Maybe in the original sales add on the other forum you should have said LOCAL PICK UP ONLY. Or does that make to much sense?

I agree, $7500. is too steep for a 16V motor that looks to have a quite a bit of rust/corrosion on it.

Alan

You sold it for $1200?? :eek:

Damn.

I would sell it for 1200$ considering its cheap, head and manifolds alone worth at least 1500$. Local guy offered me 800, guy in florida offered me 1000$ and wanted me to find a means to ship. I just don't haver time working 6 days a week or any means to move a crated motor even if possible to ship. Oh well. Alan there is one on the west coast for 2200 on td, buy that, save yourself money on shipping and dealing with laziness.