webbing buckles

Guest 1930

I have looked everywhere I can think of on the web for this buckle, I can only find one that accepts 3/4 inch, this buckle was intended for 1/2 inch. Maybe someone here will have one somewhere, it needs to be identical to what I have shown here, two pieces, the smaller piece with the teeth slides on the larger body to grab the cord so it dosent come loose.

Maybe someone know where to find these, I dont care what the cost is, I am in process of have some made by a professional metalsmith and that is going to really cost me so hoping someone here can help out

post-48869-143138192235_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143138192238_thumb.jpg

Guest cben09

Is there an army surplus store nearby,,,seems like i recall buckles like that on canvas bags and the little strap on the infamous COT,,,Just an idea,,,Maybee a friendly National Guard supply Sgt,,,to identify the piece,,,Cheers,,Ben

That is what I thought and still think, army surplus store no luck though, been online and noone has the time to look at their surplus stuff to see if they have it.

Guest cben09

No no,,real store,,,ya know,,,with a front door,,,some warm body to talk to,,The store wants to see a live person,,,with MONEY,,walkin ,, Maybee even bring coffee,,,cream on the side,,an' afew donuts,,,hey it really does work,,Smile,,,Ben

Been to the real store, two of them locally in my area, no luck, how about if I brought you a donut and some coffee, would you be able to squeeze one out for me? :)

Guest cben09

Hey,,,save that coffee for me,,,i'll virtually be rite over,,Ill look around here,,Theres gotta be tons of those things somewhere,,Just curious,,,what they hold,,,I can ALMOST see dozens of those on the armory floor during camp invintory,,Cheers,,Ben

Guest 40 Buick 51c
I have looked everywhere I can think of on the web for this buckle, I can only find one that accepts 3/4 inch, this buckle was intended for 1/2 inch. Maybe someone here will have one somewhere, it needs to be identical to what I have shown here, two pieces, the smaller piece with the teeth slides on the larger body to grab the cord so it dosent come loose.

Maybe someone know where to find these, I dont care what the cost is, I am in process of have some made by a professional metalsmith and that is going to really cost me so hoping someone here can help out

Hey 1930,

Don't know if you looked at this site, they have some similar that are 5/8". It's at Metal Hardware - National Webbing Products

post-65465-143138193296_thumb.gif

I will look at the two sites, thanks for the tips, they are the original fastner for a 29/30 Dodge DA tool bag, I have it on loan from another member and trying to replicate it as authentically as possible.

Dont want to get too excited yet but that buckles international does show the correct buckle with the correct # of teeth, I dont get too excited yet because just last night I was able to find a lot of 40 1/2 buckles ( incidentlly for .99 cents ) that are identical except they have 4 large teeth as apposed to the 5 small teeth that I need that this site also shows on their buckle. Closed ( of course :mad: ) for the easter weekend so will have to wait till Mon for them to reopen. Will keep you posted.

Another question, there is a rivet looking deelie that holds the strap onto the main body of the toolbag, its head is 5/16 and without taking the bag apart ( which I will not and cannot do ) I can see that there are two little prongs that are attached to the underside of the head of this rivet ( I dont know what else to call it ) and pass thru these two pieces of material and are folded over to keep everything together. Anyone know what this rivet is called, anyone know if anything like that is still avail?

Reminds me of the clips that you might see holding a book together, passes thru the prepunched holes and then is folded over to keep it all together. Thanks for any suggestions or info.

John, or anyone recognize what this piece of hardware is called, looks like a snap but it does not come apart , it has a solid backer to it. I have spent so much time on the buckle that I really havent put any real effort yet into the other few pieces.

Last piece is the end piece that stops webbing from fraying, what might this be called so I can do a search, I have seen different terms but theyhavent proven very usefull in finding anything.

post-48869-143138194479_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143138194483_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143138194487_thumb.jpg

Ok neither of those mentioned comp. had the buckle, one of them listed it on their site but no longer carried it. If anyone can find that buckel I would give them a hundred bucks. Maybe now it will show up. My e-mail is jhason2@yahoo.com, thanks