1928 GMC Biuck 274 Wanted

Guest oldcargirl

Guest oldcargirl

Wanted for a 1928 GMC fire truck which uses a 1927 Buick 274 in-line 6 we need an exhaust manifold and the carburetor riser (Marvel updraft).ffice:office" /><O:p></O:p>

Casting number on the manifold is 204484-2 and the number from the parts book is 201704. The parts book number for the riser is M146-535.<O:p></O:p>

any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I do not have Buick parts book however I believe 1927 and 1928 Buick Master are the same as these GMC parts.

E-mail kelley@ccrutah.com Thanks!

Edited by oldcargirl
adding info of '1927' in reference to Buick 274 (see edit history)

Guest oldcargirl
My spare manifold is 21460-2 from a 1924-5 Buick.

But you may be interested in the Marvel-Schebler carb I have with a TU-8 upper and TU-10 lower body for a large Buick engine..

Thank-you for your reply, in this case those parts won't be of any help.

Guest oldcargirl
I have an exhaust manifold from a 1929 Master series 331 CI 6 cylinder engine if that will work for you.

Thanks,

Thank-you for taking the time to post what you have. For now we will continue to pursue one for a 274.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oldcargirl

We are still on the hunt for this 274 Bucik exhaust manifold, the old has had a crack repaired however it is warped into a smiley face.

Does anyone know if the 331 exhaust manifold will interchange? If so, the owner could still parade and show his firetruck until a proper 274 manifold could be located.

I have a fairly extensive library however I lack this interchange information. any input is appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest oldcargirl

Hello,

As an update to the ad looking for 1928 Buick parts we have come across more accurate information. We are in fact looking for 1927 Buick parts for the 1928 GMC.

Any 1927 Big Buicks out there?

We are not performing a full restoration on this GMC and relied on some limted information prvided by the client.

Thank-you

Kelley

Guest oldcargirl

Thank-you so much, that is very useful information. The Buick riser you pictured is completely different so I'm thinking this confirms the riser is from a 1927 Buick rather than a '28. The manifold is the same and carries the same part number.

I should have realized sooner the possibility that when GMC manufactured these trucks in 1928 the likelihood they would be using 1927 Engines.

There is also the likelihood that the heat riser and carb is entirely different for the GMC's and not used on Buick at all.

An enthusiast has contacted me and we are exchanging a copy of a 1928 Buick parts book for the GMC info I have.

• 1 year later...
Guest Gingertrumpetmaster0324
My spare manifold is 21460-2 from a 1924-5 Buick.

But you may be interested in the Marvel-Schebler carb I have with a TU-8 upper and TU-10 lower body for a large Buick engine..

I have a 1928 Buick 47 Master six sedan call 386-871-0151 if interested.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest notdeadyet

If you are still looking for a manifold I think I have the one you are looking for. It looks like the one in the picture.

I can not find any numbers on it though.

If you like you can call me at 320 224-0107 anytime.

I have other Buick engine parts for these years if you should need anything else.

I am located in Minnesota.

Thanks,

Scott