New Metz Pistons?

MochetVelo

Here's another Metz question: Will Ford Model T pistons fit the Metz? I plan to change to aluminum, and the "T" pistons are readily available and the same width as Metz (3.75" with oversize available). I see the rings are different on a Metz (4 rings instead of the 3 on the "T"). Here is a Metz Piston:

post-52500-143138182993_thumb.jpg

Phil

You need to measure some of the other dimensions. Measure the compression height from the center of the piston pin to the top of the piston. Make sure your piston skirt is not to long. See if the pin diameters are the same or if they could be modified to fit. Check the type of lubrication for the pins and the con rods. People have been swapping pistons in different engines for years but you need to make sure everything will fit and function ok. I think that I would call up the technical folks at EGGE and see what they might have to say about it.

Guest Parts Wizard

We are pretty sure the Model T piston will work in your Metz. We will just have to check a few of your specifications. We will need the compression height (middle of wrist pin to top of piston) and your wrist pin size. The Model T pistons are 1.937 compression and they have a .740 wrist pin. The Metz should have .750 wrist pins. The model T connecting rods bolted to the wrist pins, and your Metz should have a rod bushing. We can add lock rings to the Model T pistons if this is the case. You can contact Egge at (800)866-3443, ask for Jim.