Question: tc stereo ampliier

Guest ljmoss

i have lost the sound to my original tc radio that has worked great until last week. it has been suggested it may be the amplier by a local person. whats everyone elses opinion? also does anyone know where the ampliier is located in the car 1990 tc?

LJ Moss

Florida

The Infinity sound systems that year had amplifiers in the speakers and no other amplifier external to the radio itself. Are the speakers totally silent or do they hum? If humming you should check the connection of the antenna in the trunk to see if it came loose. If totally silent you probably need a radio.

Guest My TC Toy

I was going to make a comment about looking for a console lid in a stereo amplifier thread, but I don't think I will. OOPS!, I'm thinking out loud again.

Hello My TC Toy,

Since it is not your thread, why should you wonder? I directed that question to moparmurph, who stated in the item, I was addressing that he was parting out an 1989 TC and I was asking him a question. If it was not directed to you or does not concern you, please mind your own business.

Thank You, J.M.Derden

Guest My TC Toy

Aren't we full of the milk of human kindness? No, it is not MY therad, but we all have a right to make comments. It is customary that the users of this thread conduct themselves in a more civilized manner. Normally any new items are started under a different heading. You do seem to have a short temper!! Temper! Temper!! (The devil made me do it.)

This thread seems to be totally compromised at this point and I wouldn't blame the original poster of the RADIO problem if he didn't just start a new one rather than look at the drivel attached to his thread. Maybe someone could post a breakdown of the radio troubleshooting section of the service manual, (in a new thread) I can't because I don't have a manual anymore.

JD, your post doesn't look like it was directed at anyone in particular, and if it was then the proper way to handle that request would be as a private message to that person. As a post on any thread on this site, your request would be viewed as readable by anyone on the site. NOW to get on MY's case:

I think you're goading JD every time you get a legitimate opportunity. Yes, he is not following the etiquette of the forum but he is also relatively new to the forum and probably doesn't understand the way things are done here. And methinks you enjoy lighting short fuses (not only his) just a bit too much as a way of putting a little levity into the forum. I enjoy that kind of banter sometimes but some folks just get pissed off by it.

Again, could someone post a radio troubleshooting guide from their service manual on a new thread to help out ljmoss?:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest ljmoss

I AM SORRY I STARTED SO MUCH DEBATE. WHEN I POSTED I WAS ASKING THE GENERAL POPULATION OF THE FORUM. ALTHOUGH I HAVE HAD A COUPLE RESPONSES I WOULD LIKE ALL THE INORMATION I CAN GET AND A MANUEL ON THE SUBJECT WOULD BE MORE THAN HELPUL.

LJMOSS

I'M A GIRL! SURPRISE

fuse box is lower left of steering wheel. radio/speaker fuse is second column from the right and second fuse from the bottom. Hope this helps.

Out of context - a big thank you to all our active military and vets!!

Guest My TC Toy

Did you find the fuse block behind the cover panel?

Please explain what you mean by you only have three fuses.

Bob

Guest My TC Toy

lj, there should be 14 fuses, three relays and one flasher in the fuse block. As far as the radio is concerned- fuse # 7 (20A) is for radio, chimes speakers and power antenna, fuse #9 (10A) is for radio and speaker amplifier and power antenna relay coil, fuse # 12 (5A) is for cluster lamps, rear window def, a/c, heater, radio ash receiver lamp and selector lever lamp.

If you have a manual check page 8W-6 for fuses.

Bob

Guest ljmoss

the link will not work or pic--why cant we just do like other forums and browse our own pics and click and they show up?

i cant even copy and paste a PIC!

DRUG IT TO MY DESKTOP AND MTHOUGHJT I MIGHT DRAG MIT HERE! NOT

Guest LouZ

Hi,

I'm sorry I do not have my desktop, (it's getting a big "7" upgrade) ; but

on my end , below the reply window I scroll down in additional options, and find a click box called "Managing attachments" for adding pics etc. You should have the same. I should get my PC back tomorrow. If I do I will take a picture of my '89 fuse panel, and post it. Or maybe someone else will beat me to it..... Good Luck, Lou

Guest My TC Toy

LJ, unfortunately I do not know how to attach a document to this post. If you PM me with your e-mail address I will copy you with the fuse panel layout.

Bob

Guest hevenleey

Hi........,

I had one doubt regarding tents that is

Why are Tentickle Tents better than marquee tents?

Guest My TC Toy

heavenleey, I think you posted in the wrong forum. Or du you have a TC and store it under a tent???????

LJ, did you get the fuse block diagram? Any help?

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
Guest george w

There may also be an amplifier power relay. I'm not sure about the TC, but the J body LeBarons of the same vintage with the Infinity systems had a amplifier power relay taped into thw wiring harness behind the radio.

Each speaker, except the two dash speakers, have a rudimentary amplifier attached to the back of them. The amplifier only amplifies the bass and powers the woofer portion of the speaker. The radio feeds full range audio power to all the speakers and operates the dash speakers and the tweeters of the rear speakers directly. The the full range speakers are equipped with a crossover capacitor to block low frequencies from entering the tweeters. The door speakers and the storage compartment speakers are woofers only.

Even with no power going to the woofers of the amplified speakers you still should hear something coming from the dash and rear deck speakers. You may want to try another similar Chrysler radio that you know is good. Any Chrysler radio with the same gray and black plugs will work. Be sure though that the braided ground strap is also connected to the radio.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest george w

Getting back to the radio issue if it hasn't been resolved already, this sounds like the problem is in the radio itself. I'm assuming that BOTH the radio ( am and fm ) is dead as well as the tape deck. If you haven't already, you need to check all radio source functions. If you get no sound from any source then it's the radio.

If you have an amp related problem you would still get sound as the "amplifers" are individual on each speaker ( except the in dash tweeters ) and power only the woofer portion of the speakers. There's an in line power relay behind the radio that switches power on and off to the amps. If this fails you would lose or have weak-distorted bass in all the speakers. All 6 main speakers can't be bad.