Foot well Metal Vents Covers - 1963

Guest DLT

I took out the kick panels from my '63 to detach the metal vent plates, paint them, re-carpet the panel, reassemble and reinstall... I noticed after I removed them that each metal vent side is different but didn't mark which side was which. Can anyone (Jim, Ed, ?) help me with which side gets the metal vent cover with the bump-out at the bottom vs the flatter bottom?

Thanks in advance. Dalton

Dalton,

My computer is in for service so I don't have the ability to post pictures from the one I'm borrowing. I looked at both the '63 and the '64 and here's what I saw. There are two sets of vents; a large section and a smaller section, on each cover. There are three screws; one at the bottom and one on each side. You need to orient the covers so the larger section of vents is on top and directs the air toward the passengers, and the smaller section is at the bottom and directs the air to your feet.

If this doesn't answer your questions, give me a call.

Ed

These are called screw rivets. They give a wide surface on each side of the two things you're trying to hold together, and they come in various lengths. You can usually find them in a full line hardware store in those special little trays with the drawers in them.

Ed

BA01088NK.png