engine mounts door mounts help

Guest baylensman

Guest baylensman

any one have a detailed drawing or picture of engine mounting for 1941 160 super 8? I have to put and engine back in the frame for transport to restoration shop.

Also would like to "bolt" the doors back on for transport. What do the door hinge plates look like? I see the space for them but have no idea what to look for in this pile of stuff.

The car was totally disassembled elsewhere and elsewhen and ended up in my lap! I need to get it ready to transport for the owner of the car, who is also my landlord. see the problem? HAHA. any help would be appreciated.

I can't say about the 1941 Packard 160 specifically, but on most american cars the door hinge plates stay in the door posts. They are loose but captured in a sort of cage. Look in the door posts.

If someone took them out, look for flat plates of steel with threaded holes in a pattern that matches your hinge bolt pattern.

Guest baylensman
Have you had a look at the 35 - 41 Parts Lists ? This is available for free download on Packardinfo.com in the Literature and Manuals section there. Includes sections on Engine and Body(including doors and hardware) although not many illustrations there are some for door hardware.

thanks i do have that page bookmarked now, the door i figured out i think. but there are no pictures of engine mounting that i have found yet.

Guest bkazmer

Some body styles share the same doors (made by Budd) with Juniors (different vent windows). This may help if a few items have gone missing. What body is this car?

Guest baylensman
Some body styles share the same doors (made by Budd) with Juniors (different vent windows). This may help if a few items have gone missing. What body is this car?

it is a 180 4 door sedan. figured out most of it but thanks you guys have been great