Headlight rings

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

I was told today by the company that is chroming my pot metal items that my headlight rings are so badly corroded that they can not be used. I need to find a pair to replace these, if anyone has an idea where to look let me know. I don't know if mine have had all the chrome removed or not but they would be presentable just to drive with as they were. If they have taken them down to bare metal then I have nothing.

Guest sintid58

Sorry about that, they are for my 55 Special. I stopped in Omaha today and talked to the plater. He said he could fill mine and make them look very good but maybe not 100% show quality. The part of them that is bad is along the bottom edge so will not be seen most of the time so I am going to have him fixs them. I looked on Ebay last night and there was one there showing light pitting and the buy it now price was $175. I talked to Wheatbelt and they didn't have any but they told me that was in the ball park so I figure I can have these done and on the car for $150 with a little blemish at the bottom I am probably ahead of the game.