1929 dodge 1 1/2 ton

Guest Rocket455

Guest Rocket455

I have a 1929 Dodge 1 1/2 ton series F, serial # 8473624,

engine block #P DD _2_ 7333. I think that it was a dump truck because of the PTO. It has no fenders, running boards, lights, light bar, and bumper. The frame has also been cut down and the original dual wheel axle has been moved forward to home made wheel wells in the corners of the cab. But besides these things it is in very good original condition for the age. I have very little information about this truck because there are not many out there. If any body can give me any information on it or knows where I can find any parts it would be greatly appreciated. I have a rear section of a truck frame that I am going to use to finish off the dodge frame But Im not sure what length it was originally. If any body can help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks.... I will post pictures soon.

Edited by Rocket455 (see edit history)

Not sure you will get alot of help here, this forum caters to original cars/trucks for the most part and original restorations. I have some truck info but I am not clear as to what exactely you are looking for. It sounds like you have a neat project and it sounds to me as if what you are starting out with is pretty far molested to the point of little chance of return so I do wish you the best of luck and would like to see pict. of your truck.

• 1 month later...
Guest gunnar single
I have a 1929 Dodge 1 1/2 ton series F, serial # 8473624,

engine block #P DD _2_ 7333. I think that it was a dump truck because of the PTO. It has no fenders, running boards, lights, light bar, and bumper. The frame has also been cut down and the original dual wheel axle has been moved forward to home made wheel wells in the corners of the cab. But besides these things it is in very good original condition for the age. I have very little information about this truck because there are not many out there. If any body can give me any information on it or knows where I can find any parts it would be greatly appreciated. I have a rear section of a truck frame that I am going to use to finish off the dodge frame But Im not sure what length it was originally. If any body can help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks.... I will post pictures soon.

I have a 1933 H30 1 1/2 ton truck currently in process of restoration. If looking at it would help you I live in Lyman, Me right next door. Let me know.

Guest Rocket455

Its the most complete homemade tractor I have seen. One thing that is really neat about it is where the cab was cut for the wheels they used an old coca-cola sign to patch it up. It also used to have a plow setup at one time and to hook it up they cut a section out of the windshield sandwiched two pieces of wood over the gap and put a hole in it. It looks a little ruff but mechanically it is pretty sound. here is a picture of the engine.

post-65183-143138159428_thumb.jpg

Wow that is a great looking engine, I am really surprised to see that, it even has what appears to be the original sediment bowl, those are very difficult to find, if you ever go to messing with it than please be real carefull, it is pot metal and will break easily. Nice Kingston tank, wrong/ modified fuel/suction lines but no matter. If you ever want to sell the fuel canister assy let me know. I would prob. buy it. Nice horn too, at first I though the bulb on back was too large for original but I may be wrong on that after all. The head dosent look right, I did not realize that they used a different head for the trucks??? A pict. of the other side would be nice.

Guest gunnar single

According to my S/N book this truck is a F-30 1 1/2 ton, 6 cyl. with a 136" wheel base, built sometime between 7/1930- 2/1932