1950 buick roadmaster

Guest 50bomb

I am not in a rush to sell this. But I don't want 5k for it either..8,000 would be the lowest..If that is to high to bad. Its not for you. Cause when the economy gets better you know these cars will be worth it. If not then I have a cool car to keep..thats all.

I don't want to sound like a dick or anything but **** I didnt remember asking anyone for their opinion. I just having a hard time and needed cash I wasnt trying to build this car to sell that is why it is hard for me to want to sell it for dirt cheap. Yea I bet you would want to buy it for that cheap pdx but you are not gonna get it. It is sad to know that people have loud mouths. You don't like the price then keep your opinions to yourself. Delete this post now. Please do yourselves a favor and don't talk anymore **** cause I am on my last straw.

Edited by 50bomb (see edit history)

Bomb:

I think people here are just trying to help you out, don't get sore. Your car is what it is. I like it, and I think the crowd here likes it. We're a pretty collegial and friendly bunch, nobody's talking smack. Sometimes it's helpful to get a clear-eyed assessment of your car from people with experience in the field, especially when these opinion makers are not actually trying to buy it. I think I can say on behalf of everyone here that we hope you get as much for it as possible. How much interest are you getting at your price? That will tell you whether the asking price is right or not. It's like selling a house: ask too much, and all you do is waste your own time while paying carrying costs.

BTW, these cars are seldom good investments. I speak from experience. Hard to get back what you put in.

Best of luck to you.

Steve in Mpls

1949 Roadmaster

Edited by SBRMD (see edit history)

sorry guys did not mean to be a jerk. I am keeping the car I love it. Just really hard times right now. But it will be okay. I hope you guys will forgive my bad attitude. Have a good one guys.

Guest oldrides

Hey man, sorry to here about your money troubles, I think your car is awsome. I am glad you are going to keep it. So many times I see ( me included) people work like crazy to get a car on the road and something happen and they have to sell it. Drive the wheels off of it and enjoy all your hard labor. If you dont mind me asking, how did you lower it? I have a 53 that has these crazy shocks on it and I have a bad lean to one side and cant figure it out and I want to lower it anyways, so would you mind giving me some insight? Maybe a phone number so we can talk buicks? I hope this is not asking to much? Thanks oldrides

no prob call me 714-530-9868 we can talk. i did not lower it the previous owner heated the front coils and rear but then I had to swap rear ends for a 70's camaro because I could not find parts to rebuild my Original one. So how they have leaf springs. We cut some of the trunk floor Blah not what i wanted to do but to sit normal i had to do so to bring the leaf springs up into the trunk and weld some strong metal to box it up to hold it. Yea its not the best looking weld was using a wire type lincoln welder. But its strong i have drove it around the neighborhood and no probs. but I am gonna re due everything later especially the front floors and muffler sits to low. Ok this thread can be deleted I dont want to take up anyones elses post..Look me up on the "Me and my buick" thread..Have a good one and call me buddy.anyone who has tips for me on these cars Thank you

• 1 year later...