1963 -1965 buick riviera power vents

Guest offy110

Guest offy110

one sent of power vent windows.motors work great.have switch plates,need redone,and switches.have some of the wiring have extra set of windows $300.00.

post-53479-143138128761_thumb.jpg

post-53479-143138128764_thumb.jpg

post-53479-143138128768_thumb.jpg

post-53479-143138128772_thumb.jpg

post-53479-143138128777_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Don't forget the wiring harness. Tthe p/vent set-up requires that the car be equipped with the accessory harness so that the electrical sections hook-up with no problems.

I believe if a car had guide-matic (or cruise), adding p/vents is a snap. That's not to say that if your car lack guide-matic that you don't have the accessory harness.

From the way this conversation is going, the easiest way to check if you have the accessory harness is to look around the brake booster for a white plug that's not plugged into anything (assuming you don't have the cruise control). I know for a fact that is the cruise connector and I have it with power vents but no cruise.

Guest Lowrider70
From the way this conversation is going, the easiest way to check if you have the accessory harness is to look around the brake booster for a white plug that's not plugged into anything (assuming you don't have the cruise control). I know for a fact that is the cruise connector and I have it with power vents but no cruise.

White plug or do you mean a white socket? And this would be your accessory harness which can be used either for the cruise control function, or the power vents?? And as for the power vents, does that single piece of wiring near the brake booster do for both left and right side vents??

Socket might be the right word for it. It's the plug for the cruise and none of the wire for the cruise is used for the power vents, its just part of the same harness that the power vent wiring would be a part of. To be absolutely sure you'd have to pull the door skin off and see if you have the plugs in the doors.

Just an FYI here...the standard harness has the plug for the cruise transducer in the engine compartment. This is not an indication the accessory harness is installed UNDER THE DASH. The plugs for the cruise components under the dash are, however, peculiar to the accessory harness.

The harness for the power vent option is a seperate harness and is not related to the accessory/standard under dash harness.

Tom Mooney

Guest Lowrider70

Tom, does this mean that GM would've installed the cruise plug (like a 'feed' or 'branch' off the main harness) in the engine bay as standard... and then they would only fit the connecting plugs located under the dash, if a new buying customer paid for this particular option??

And the power vents harness may be separate from the accessory one, but surely must connect on to the main harness somewhere along the line?

Tom, does this mean that GM would've installed the cruise plug (like a 'feed' or 'branch' off the main harness) in the engine bay as standard... and then they would only fit the connecting plugs located under the dash, if a new buying customer paid for this particular option??

And the power vents harness may be separate from the accessory one, but surely must connect on to the main harness somewhere along the line?

Unless you have the accessory harness (as opposed to the the std harness), which includes connectors for the p/vents, it'll be a hassle installing the vents. The accessory harness includes conectors which mate to the power vent harness.

Guest Lowrider70

Thanks Pat, I'm quite confident my '65 just has the standard harness...

...but my car is also equipped with A/C, rear power windows and power driver's seat. So, do these options run off the standard harness?

The standard and accessory under dash harnesses are seperate from the power window and vent harnesses. The only difference between the standard and accessory under dash harnesses are the addition of the pigtails for the Cruise and Guidematic options. See pages 10-138 and 10-139 in the `65 Buick service manual for an easily read and accurate illustration of the two harnesses.

Tom Mooney