Starts Ok, Won't, Starts OK, Won't - '90 Reatta

Guest ReattaInAustin

Guest ReattaInAustin

Starts Ok, Won't, Starts OK, Won't - '90 Reatta<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<HR SIZE=1><!-- google_ad_section_start -->Over the last month my 1990 Reatta starts fine only 50%? of the time. At other times, NOTHING. Radio comes on instantly (car turned off with radio on) and headlights will come on, but engine doesn't even turn over. No noises whatsoever, no clicking, absolutely noiseless (after mindfully turning off radio). So, I'll turn key off and wait a few minutes. Meanwhile plenty of "juice to operate headlights, interior lights, radio, etc. Sometimes it will then crank right up and be fine, sometimes must wait an try over and over again. So far, it has always started up just fine (eventually) but might have to wait 15 -20 minutes while trying to start car 5-8 times.

No rhyme or reason as of yet. It doesn't matter the weather (no severe temp changes), rain or sunny (no humid conditions), doesn't matter how long it's parked (10 minutes into the icehouse or overnight) doesn't matter the time of day (mornings or nights). New Sear's DieHard Gold just installed 3 mos. ago. I've had a second key made and it doesn't matter which key is used...same results.

Thanks in advance for sharing any similar experiences.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->