Franklin/Roswell?

Guest David/Franklin

Guest David/Franklin

First post, awesome site.

My dad had a 1907 Franklin. I've attached pictures. Why would it say Roswell in the grill.

Thanks in advance.

David

post-64447-143138122884_thumb.jpg

post-64447-143138122888_thumb.jpg

It was very common to hang City booster tags on your car. Usually they were attached to license plates, but before that they attached them to the grille. More than likely, in the underlined area of Roswell, it probably says New Mexico.

Welcome to the AACA Forum. Neat Franklin photos.

Edited by West Peterson (see edit history)

Guest David/Franklin
It was very common to hang City booster tags on your car

We had thought that might be the case but thought the emblem was too large to be a generic dealers application. It's almost like it was made for that particular grill?

Thanks for the reply and thanks for the welcome.

David

Guest David/Franklin

My dad had this Franklin, along with a 1913 Metz for years. He sold the Franklin in Albuquerque in the early 70s and the Metz in Santa Paula, California shortly thereafter.

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know of a Franklin in that region fitting this description that might be our dad's old car?

Thanks in advance.

David

Guest David/Franklin
but you might try posting at the VMCCA website. They have a club in Albuquerque

Actually, we were members of VMCCA at that time, I didn't realize they were still active. Good advice, thanks.

I remember looking at a very early Franklin many years ago that was at the Gaylordsville Garage, in Gaylordsville, Connecticut back in the early to mid 70's. I thought it was a very cool car and it was for sale at the time, but I was just a poor young country bumkin. Big Al's Toy Box is right next door to the old garage building which has been empty for some time now. Dandy Dave!