1930 front shocks & wheel bolts / washers

Roger Morrow

I'm looking for a set of front shocks for a '30 60 series - including the arms.<BR>I'm also in need of a full set of bolts to hold the split rim & tire on to the wood spoke hub. In particular in that regard, the 'washers' that hold the tire & split rim on are needed. The few I have show 'Flaxon' on them. They appear to be made of cast iron, as some have split.<BR>Regards<P>Roger

Roger, <P>I have some of the "washers" or lugs to hold the rim to the wheel. They have a hole in the center and a projection on the back that fits into the space between the rim and wheel kind of like a wedge. Jaxon is the name on them. How many can you use @ $1.25 plus shipping. I am sorry to say that I can not help you with the shock absorbers or wheel bolts.

Roger, the washers you refer to are called <BR>wedges and are made by Jaxon. The correct wedges will have BUICK on them and should be painted black. The bolts are 7/16x20 and are<BR>3 1/2" long,Dick Kwak in Gloversville NY<BR>(Gloversville Auto Parts 518-399-5321) may have a few of these bolts.<BR> jbbuick22<BR>

Guest Tom Timmins

I have 2 lever action shocks, single action, that came fron a '29 or '30 Buick. They also fit an Auburn. Send me the numbers and I will check. They come in left and right, I learned the hard way.<BR>Tom

Here is the informationon wheel wedges and bolts from the 1930 Buick Master parts catalogue and the UMS 9/1/29 Buick Parts catalogue:<P>Demountable rim wedge or clamp:<P>1929-1930 all, 1931-32 5o ser.buick part # 933523. Name cast on wedge is JAXON, color is black.<P>1926 -1928 all part# 933517. most have no lettering on them but some have JAXON CAST on them in raised letters. Color is black or galvanized.<P>1922-1925 all models, UMS part # 933524, Buick # 150963 Galvanized, Word, BUICK, cast in below the surface.<P>H,K, 1919-1921 all models, Buick# 65387, galvanized, Word, PEARLMAN, cast below the surface.<P>1917-1918 D 4 cyl., Buick part # 64984, I do not know what they look like or what lettering they have. The picture in the parts book does not show enough.<P>1916-17, D 6 cyl. Buick part # 64509, Word,<BR>BAKER, cast below the surface. <P>All are listed as galvanized except the 26 to 32 lugs which are also listed in Black.<P>I am out of time. Anyone that needs info on wheel bolts, post a note or e-mail me.<P>3 1/2 inch 17/16-20 is corredt for the bolts on 26 to 30 master and 50-60 ser. cars