Antenna Repair

lugnuts

Many of you are probably already aware of this, but for those who are not, you should know that if your Reatta antenna gives you a problem, expert help is available. When my antenna motor kept running, even with the radio off, I contacted Barney Eaton, and he quickly diagnosed my problem. I thought that the problem was a bad relay, but Barney said it was the nylon line in the motor that had failed.

He directed me to the help available thru the Reatta database. He also mentioned that he does antenna service, and I opted to send mine to him. The repair was quick, and my antenna is behaving just as it should.

It is good know that such professional assistance is available.

Thank you, Barney.

Guest steveskyhawk

I checked today and the parts to rebuild an antenna are discontinued. Easiest and cheapest way to fix a bad antenna is to replace it with a working used one. They are all the same on Buick, Cadillac, Olds of that vintage with the exception of the brackets.

Guest Richard D

If for some reason Barney can not help you with your antenna I replaced my power antenna with one from this company,

glgdirect@comcast.net or call 770-781-5658 ask for Gary.

The antenna I received was black anodized (black Reatta)he also has stainless masts, the antennas are made by Hirshmann and come with a no question one year warranty. He also sent the adapter cable that goes from the GM connector to the antenna. The whole thing was less than $60.00 including shipping. Non anodized are less expensive. Took about 5 minutes to install and it runs silently.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> Of course if Barney does have what you need I recommend keeping our business in the group.:)

<!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->