1957 Ford Fairlane 500 4 Door Hardtop

Guest S.J. McLaughlin

Guest S.J. McLaughlin

I am tearing down a 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 4 door hardtop. Where can I get info re parts such as weather stripping for the back doors? Is this made and if not how do you get around it? Also where can one get items like the bezel surrounds on both sides of the steering column for ie Ignition,lights, Left Air or Right Air, wipers, Lighter. These boxes have labels on top of each knob. Are they reproduced and if not how do you get around them? Also ditto for the Brake Handle (emergency). I'm sure someone has restored one of these before. I also need help with paint colors (not body) ie air cleaner, 312 motor, Power steering resevoir, suspension and frame. I just need a point in the right direction. Thanks

W/striiping: Most rubber repro companies have stuff sold by the foot if it is a car that they don't make a complete seal for. their catalogs will show a cross section of what the seal looks like with measurments.

As far as trim and handle, NOS may be your best bet. Try Carpenter, as I think he had nos parts for some fords