Horn Type for Victory Six?

Guest John1918

Guest John1918

My '28 Vic 6 came with a model A horn fitted and it sounded like a Model A horn so it had to go. Next I tried the Sparton SOS A-2 which came with the spares but again friends said that's not right either! It should be an aaah-oogah horn, not a beep horn. Anyone know?

John

post-45637-143138102364_thumb.jpg

Per John's CD on Victory 6, Book 5, Section J, page 48; it is a Northeast 6128 used on Standard Six and Victory 6. I have a 1928 Std 6 and on the data plate mine says XM 6128. Try John or Myers or Romar per their email in the DBC News. One of them might have a lead on such a horn.

Best wishes

Paul

Guest John1918

Thanks guys for your help. Yesterday I put a oogah horn on the car, it looks right and sounds good but the label is obliterated. In the meantime I will keep an eye out for a NE 6128

I bought the Victory 2 years ago, restored and ready to motor. It was a great buy, I love to drive it, it has all that you could ask from a vintage, power and a comfortable ride. However, there are a still a few things need doing, next will be the steering box. Sometimes she gets violent front-end shakes, and the rear universal needs urgent attention. Lawns and garden will just have to wait.

John