1939 Packard Fender Light Lens

Jolly_John

I have a 1939 Packard fender light lens available. It is in good, usable condition. The portion of the lens that is visible after installation looks fine, with no cracks or chips. As you can see from the photo, one of the mounting flange areas is partially chipped at the very rear of the lens. There is still plenty of "meat" left in this section of the flange to ensure a solid mounting. This lens was in a fender light I disassembled, and I couldn't even see the chipped area until I took the light apart.

The price is $60, plus $8.25 insured shipping anywhere in the U.S. Thanks. John

post-31491-143138098407_thumb.jpg

post-31491-143138098408_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

In reference to the two posts above:

Sorry Steve, but I don't have the visor you are looking for.

And "Hello" to my Australian old Buick friend. No, the Packard and Buick fender light lenses are not the same. They have slight differences. The 1939 Buick fender light lens is slightly longer and a little more tapered than the '39 Packard lens.

They both have the same rear diameter demensions, so they will fit each other's fender light housings.

The difference appears subtle from my description, but you can really tell the difference when the Buick and Packard lenses are compared side-by-side. I wound up with this '39 Packard lens because I didn't have a Buick lens to compare it to, as I was walking the Hershey swap meet aisles. I bought the Packard piece, thinking it was a Buick lens. Needless to say, I packaged it carefully for the long drive home....and then was quite surprised when I unwrapped it in my garage, in the presence of my '39 and spotted what I had done.

I hope your '39 Buick continues to bring you enjoyment. Best, John in Wisconsin USA