For Sale: 25 DB Roadster California Top

Guest oldodgeboys

Guest oldodgeboys

Is someone interested in a California Top for a 25 DB Roadster? I can post details and pictures if there is some interest.

Guest imouttahere

Sorry, apparently I was wrong in posting:

"I believe that would be the 1923 and later type of top with the exposed bows in the upper rear corners."

I must have been misinformed. Or maybe I was thinking of the gypsy top. Please disregard.

Edited by imouttahere (see edit history)

Guest oldodgeboys

To the best of my knowledge, a 'California Top' comes in a couple of versions.

One is a complete top. It covers everything, including the top surface and the sides. I've seen this on a, um...Studebaker I think (I can't remember for sure).

The second only covers the open sides of a factory top. Its made of wood and covered in black top material. Glass is used for the windows and they slide open and closed. I've seen this type of top on a few brands, including DB.

My top is the second type, it covers the sides only. Yes, it was made in California (as most were).

The wood is in great shape with one termite spot about 2 inches long (the wood is soft there, but not really broken though to the surface.

All the covering material was removed by the previous owner, except one front corner structure; it was left intact and works great as a how-to-finish sample. This piece has the manufacturers tag on it.

I have all the glass, one piece is cracked.

It may need mounting hardware, but I'm not sure, and I don’t have any.

Okay, if I wet your whistle for this WAY rare accessory, I'll take some pictures. Please let me know if you’re interested.

I’m looking for brake drums and unused spring shackle bolts & bushings. Prefer to trade.

Edited by oldodgeboys (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...