Body data plate

There is an advertiser in the Bugle if I recall. There is also Tags Backeast, Trim Tags Backeast, Data Plates, A.G.Backeast. We make tags for AMC, Buick, Cadillac, Camaro, Chevelle, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Corvette, Dodge, DeSoto, Edsel, Ford, Frazer, La Salle, Henry J, Kaiser, Lincoln, Mercury, Mustang, Oldsmobile - I'm not sure if this is the same outfit as advertises in the Bugle...I'd have to check.

Good luck. I've got a car that is without one at all, so I'll need to use a similar service once I figure out what to put on it.

• 1 year later...
Guest DADDYSALSCADDY

Does anyone kow where I can find what all numbers mean on my 1948 Cadillac Series 7533X data plata. There are many more numbers under styles, paint, ect. Does any one what all those numbers translates to as far as what it means to the car? Does anyone understand my rant? Thanks

We know what you are talking about, but you may want to post under the AACA general area, or if there is a Cadillac area, since the expertise here is regarding Buicks.

When there are many extra numbers, particularly at the bottom of the data plate, it is likely accessory codes which are related to stuff that needed to be in place at the time of body assembly.

Good luck.