1960 Invicta "Texan" wagon on ebay

Pete Phillips

Okay, gang, this looks like a super rare, early, special edition. I have no connection to it or the seller, but this appears to be a really significant car: 1960 Invicta Custom Estate Wagon "Texan". Invicta Custom means it has factory bucket seats, which is very rare for 1960. This one has it. Also has power windows, power steering & brakes, and factory A/C. Now go look at the photos of the interior door panels and upholstery. There are little longhorn insignias on the door panels. The interior door panels and upholstery have a unique design. Seller claims one of 298 made. I've heard of one 1959 "Texan" wagon show car, but this appears to be the 1960 continuation that I was not aware of. Wow!

Ebay #310157496948. Appears to be unrestored but very solid and unmolested. I hope it goes to a Buick person and gets a proper restoration, not a street-rodding, which would be a shame on something this rare and unique. Car is in Wisconsin.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

I have seen one of these at a Buick National meet, but I can not remember if it was a 59 or 1960.

This too is right up my alley. Because I have such a pull to nostalgia and how cars were marketed and themed to lifestyles. How many ads have you seen extolling the virtues of the west as a vacation destination. I can see little Johnny sitting in the back seat with his cowboy hat on and plastic colt 45.

By the mid 50's suburbs were filling up. There was enough disconnection with our past to spawn western movies, TV programs and the ever expanding Interstate system and Route 66 to take the Buick "Texan" and it's inhabitants ona great family vacation.

• 1 month later...
Guest Buick Bonery

I heard today that someone got the wagon for $8,000. He flew to Texas and pulled out the bucket seats, and is now trying to resell it for $8,000.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest BigDogDaddy

There will be a VERY nice 1960 Texan wagon coming to Danvers. It will arrive on Thursday.

"Big Dog Daddy", you were right--that wagon at Danvers was spectacular! I'll try to attach a photo and I guarantee you will see it in the October national meet issue of the Bugle. If the owner reads this, I wish he would contact me so I can get more info on that wonderful wagon. It won the Brashares Family Foundation award for highest-scoring 1946-1960 Buick at the meet.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

post-32059-143138594345_thumb.jpg