1948ish buick sedanet

Guest boyesreef

Guest boyesreef

im looking into obtaining a 1948ish buick sedanet from my grandfather in law. it sits in the woods behind his house, but it sits on a stump so its off the ground. it has no engine or trans in it, but im told they are on the property. there is very little if any body rust, but some of the floor is gone. all fenders are straight, but there is a large dent in the roof, luckely there are no creases around the edges so i think a good push will fix it. all glass is there, and the interior is 80 percent still there, no mice or squirrels yet.unfortunately i dont have pictures, but i hope to soon. would this car be worth fixing? im looking to restore another classic, and im hoping this will be it. previouse restores include a 1975 trans am, and a 1950 gmc pickup, so i have some restore knowledge, but i am yet to replace floor pans. thanks in advance guys!

The Sedanette are the most desirable models of that era Buick as not may were made. You can tell what year & model Buick you have by looking on the trim plate on the passenger side front.

Most everything is available including floor pans for the car, it would be a fin restoration and once you are done, you will love the way it drives and rides.

Check out the Buick Club at http://www.buickclub.org. Lots of people who can help with this project.

Guest boyesreef

i would love to start the adventure on the car, the thing im most worried about is frame rot. what should i watch out for next time i got look at the car to tell me if the car is even worth restoring?