shocks for 64 jetstar88 (front)

greta64jetstar88

My mechanic and I have been through 5 sets of shocks from various companies who confirmed that their shocks would fit my car, but none have fit. I need front shocks that have the bolt hole on the top, and the butterfly on the bottom. Any suggestions?? I am going crazy! Tried racepages & they sold and shipped me shocks built for a damn 4x4 truck. Tried yearone, and they didn't have the shocks with the bolt hole on the top of the shock absorber. Tried cmv, but unsure of their return policy, as they are difficult to reach & state that their shocks are custom made. My big lady needs front shocks, and any help or suggestions are very appreciated! We were able to get shocks to fit the back, but I'm still riding like really rough...

thanks!- Greta Gore in Tampa, FL (1964 Olds Jetstar 88, 4 dr)

Neither NAPA nor Rock Auto list shocks for a 1964 Jetstar 88, nor any 1964 Olds full size cars for that matter. Kanter Auto Products (www.kanter.com) does list them, however. Note that there is some confusion about the J88. It uses the brakes from the Cutlass line, but the suspension and shocks are the same as for the full size Olds cars for that year.

Guest mercman86

Thats pretty strange that your having trouble matching them up. I put monroe sensatracs on my Ranchero. They fit perfectly.