1933 Buick model 86 exhaust manifold

Guest mem

Pint 4 has an ad that he is looking for an exhaust manifold for a 1933 model 60. Are these compatible? These are from a 1933 Buick model 86. Any idea of value?

post-42298-143138075949_thumb.jpg

post-42298-143138075982_thumb.jpg

post-42298-143138076018_thumb.jpg

I beleive the 1933 Series 80 engine was different that the 1933 Buick Series 60 engine. This limits what is interchangeable. I do believe a 1934 Buick Series 60 manifold will work and interchange with a 1933 Buick Series 60. I am hopeful someone has one. I have also been checking with street rodders as they almost always replace the engine with a late model drive train. If anyone has a 1934 Buick Series 60 exhaust manifold, please contact me at pint4@new.rr.com or call 920-731-8519.

Thanks.

Bob

• 1 month later...

1933 through 1935 80 series and 90 series use the same parts for the intake and exhaust manifolds.

The only difference between 33 and 34 & 35 is that the 34 and 35 center sections have fins on the inside back for more cooling.

I have an unmachined reproduction casting of the center section if you are interested. Machining is very difficult because of the different angles of the machined faces. It is also made without any provision to install the flapper. When I was doing research to make this center section, I was told that this was the first thing that caused a problem and was removed. My car runs good without the flapper. It has been from Long Beach, Ca. to Phoenix, L.B to Sacramento, and L. B. to Las Vegas without manifold problems.

This manifold has undersize openings so it can be machined to your end pieces after you clean up and true the end pieces. Let me know if you are interested.

• 3 years later...
Pint 4 has an ad that he is looking for an exhaust manifold for a 1933 model 60. Are these compatible? These are from a 1933 Buick model 86. Any idea of value?

Hello, i'm Eduardo, i looked at your photos and i see that i need the carb holder, that joins the center exhaust manifold to intake manifold, do you have it? or this entire parts of the photo? tks

Eduardo