What years DB engines had primer cups?

A few minute ago, I heard about a couple of Dodge Brothers 4 cylinder engines with transmissions that are languishing on a flat bed trailer near my home. Anyone out there know what years Dodge engines had primer cups? I have not seen the engines, yet, but hope to real soon so I will take photos. I also need to know if there is a place to find early DB engine numbers. When I get the numbers off of the engines I will post them here. Thanks, John

John,

Not sure this will help. I can't locate my source but definitely from a DBC member. Early engine numbers were approximately 50,000 higher than the serial numer. E.g., my '16 is #106003 and engine no. 157450, a difference of 51453. Working backwards this should put you in the ballpark. I'm sure RAH has this info.

Guest imouttahere

DB stopped using priming cups on February 13, 1924, in the middle of the 1924 series production run, at car no. 850,000.

Source: "Good Enough Is Not Acceptable" (Don Butler's history of DB production which appeared in several installments in Cars and Parts Magazine; June, 1979, page 50) and DB Mechanics' Instruction Manual, "Motor Car Production Record", page 11.

My car no. is 807,012, which according to the "Motor Car Production Record" was assembled in mid-November, 1922 and sold in late 1922 as a '22 model, but DB would have called it part of the 1923 series. My engine no. is 861,185 and the difference is 54,173. As has been mentioned elsewhere, the other 54,173 engines were probably sold to Graham Brothers.