CRT Touch Screen Problem

timmace

I need some help and advice. My touch screen doesn't light up anymore and half of the screen doesn't work yet the other side does because it beeps when i push on certain areas. So if anyone can help me i would appriciate it very much. I have also looked into buying one but i would rather save the money and try to fix it if at all possible.

Guest Richard D

I am working on one for someone now. It is the first time I have worked on one and do not have a schematic diagram. It has a similar problem, no image on the CRT. I will keep you posted if I can repair this one, I normally work on aviation navigation instruments.

Richard.

CRT is a Heath-Zenith, touchscreen is a seperate module mounted on front. Suspect Delco Radio/Kokimo has the schematics but I have never seen one either.

Would be nice if the CRT portion could be replaced by a sunlight readable LCD. I have spent entirely to many years looking at green phosphor.

Guest Bobby Valines

When I first got my reatta I was having problems with my touch screen. All I did was unplug and plug the conditions a bunch of times and it has been working great ever since, that was a year ago. I didn't do it but you might want to go to radio shack or something and get some kind of connection cleaner or something, or that grease looking stuff that helps conditions from corroding. Tim you should fill in your profile with the city and state year of car, you never know you might be living next door to some one here.

Guest Richard D

Thank's D-a-n-i-e-l, I already have. They do not provide diagrams, it is shown as a module.

Thank's

Richard