How do I reassemble it?

Guest Bugler

Guest Bugler

1990 Headlight switch? Just got it in the mail from ebay for $15 but one light was out so I tried to get it out and ended up pulling the switch apart to get to it. Bad idea! It exploded! Springs and such everywhere.

I found all the parts, but can anyone tell me how it all goes back together?

Guest Greg Ross

I presume this is your Good/ New Switch? Best I can suggest is you take your DED switch, take it apart very carefully not allowing it to go "sproing" and use it as the template/ pattern to put the other one back together.

Guest Bugler

No can do. The old switch is in the same condition as the new one and does not have all the pieces. The old switch was in pieces when I got the car.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bugler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nevermind. I'm a freakin genius. smile.gif </div></div>

So, your "new" Ebay switch has been reassembled and is working? Maybe you could open a switch repair service. Congrats.... Jim

Guest Bugler

I would but people would have to send me all the parts. In fact that's a good idea. I'd do it for just shipping.

Guest Bugler

Depending if it's mechanical or electrical. If mechanical and you have all the parts, 2 metal clips, 2 metal discs, 2 metal strip springs, 2 springs and all the plastic pieces then yes it can. If it's a connection issue, I can attempt repairs with soldering and such using a good one as a template.