Speaking of tires...

Guest Richard D

Guest Richard D

Would changing the size on my 90 coupe from 215/65/15 to something with a slightly shorter sidewall like 215/60/15 make the handling or turn in any better without making it ride stiff?

Richard

Guest THEHKP7M13

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Richard D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would changing the size on my 90 coupe from 215/65/15 to something with a slightly shorter sidewall like 215/60/15 make the handling or turn in any better without making it ride stiff?

Richard </div></div>

You might consider aquiring 16 inch wheels (1991 Reatta, some other GM wheel, or an aftermarket) and knocking the sideway down a little. I don't believe going up 1 inch will kill the the ride quality.

Guest Richard D

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rawja</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put 225/60/R15s on my Reattas and Trans Sports. Michelin XGTV4s and later Kumho V rated tires.

Looks better IMO and transformed the handling.

Speedo remained more or less spot-on. </div></div>

Thank you all, since I want to keep the car looking as stock as possible, even though there are some REAL nice aftermarket ones I will probably try Rogers suggestion unless the the wheel width is too narrow.

CHEERS!

Richard

PS. This won't happen for a month or two. $$$