Maxwell Bankrupt Again

The Maxwell-Briscoe Motor Company, founded June 1904, acquired by the United States Motor Company in 1909, first bankrupt in January 1913, purchased by the Standard Motor Company, renamed The Maxwell Motor Company, taking over the Flanders Motor Company and the Chalmers Motor Company, becoming the Maxwell Motor Corporation, and operating until 1925 when it reorganized as The Chrysler Company, entered bankruptcy again, April 30, 2009. Demonstrating, in the automobile business, that there is nothing new under the sun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Orphanauto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now how is Jack Benny going to get parts for his Maxwell? Well....</div></div>

Same place all dead guys get their car parts.....the boneyard.

Guest Orphanauto

I am a Jack Benny fan, so when the maxwell was mentioned, it made me think of him always talking about his Maxwell, because he was so cheap, haha, loved watching Mel Blank on the show too.

Guest THEHKP7M13

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Orphanauto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am a Jack Benny fan, so when the maxwell was mentioned, it made me think of him always talking about his Maxwell, because he was so cheap, haha, loved watching Mel Blank on the show too. </div></div>

Not to get to far off topic here but, I saw the episode with Jimmy Stuart in it last night. Like cars, why don't hey make televisions shows like that anymore. I laugh more at the old shows then this new stuff. For the record I am 30.