Somewhat Off Topic --The new & "improved" eBay Auto Section

alex bonino

Guest palosfv3

No its not you . I had a set number of specific searches I did every other day. I cant even get close to completing these in twice the time. If Ebay ever fails , it will be traced back to this blunder.

Ditto---

I have about 20 saved searches. They have all been messed up for the last year or so. Half of the things they are suppose to be searching for they miss. They don't sort correctly, I could go on and on.

Ebay's standard response has always been, "our engineers are aware of the problems and are working to solve the problem quickly" BS ! I'm just about ready to quit shopping on ebay for car parts. That's mostly what I buy. They have too many problems and they allow someone to post new brake pads for an 85 Riviera 20 times. Who cares, I can go to my local auto supply to buy brake pads! We as consumers need to stop being treated like sheep and show big companies we don't need their crappy services. Sorry for the evil-bay rant, you got me started.

Again, keep it simple. When you complicate things that's when you set yourself up to fail!

I haven't noticed any difference but I'm not as high tech as you guys and don't use saved searches. I have 3 or 4 ways I search and type them in each time. I'm still able to dig up those obscure and oddly described items. I'm sure I have to sift through more unwanted items because my searches are more generic but I'd rather do that vs missing something.

I do really dislike those multiple auctions of the same item that have nothing to do with items I'm searching for. The search can be refined to eliminate the nuiassance items but it becomes more time consuming and runs the risk of removing a potentially wanted item.

I think we all complain about ebay but generally speaking it remains the most efficient way to obtain and sell car parts year round. The Big Spring Carlisle swap meet is this week and I have to really think hard about going. If I go it will be only to enjoy the atmosphere. As for finding parts I have a much better chance of finding what I need and at reasonable price on ebay, craigslist or in the Riview.

Guest Richard D

I far prefer the old auto section. I have given a two week trial and I hate it. If you search for a model that is not listed such as a Gremlin unless you leave the auto section then come back it will search for a Buick Riviera Gremlin. Simply erasing the keyword line Gremlin will make it go away until your next search. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Richard