1930 40 series

dbmarkc

I am the proud new owner of a 44 series roadster. The frame is in pretty poor condition. Does anyone know where a frame could be obtained? I live in Southern California. I do know where to find a couple of 60 series frames. Would my body fit on that frame without a tremendous amount of modification?

Thanks for any info.

Mark

Guest 40series

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the board. The 40 series and 60 series frames are very different and would require a lot of work to fit under your body. I believe the frame for your 30 is the same as 31 and 32. I see project cars that are price fair enought o buy for the frame pretty often.

I have the front part of a saw mill car, cut off in front of the rear wheels. I can check the frame tomorrow, to see how good or bad it is. Paul, in St. Louis, Mo. PS, forgot to say that it is a model 46, probably the same as the model 44, which I also have, so, I could check it closely.

Music Mark, I checked the frame on my SawMill car today, and, it's no good at all. Rusted completely thru many, many places. I am restoring a '30-44 right now, if there is anything I can help you with, just let me know. I have the rear brakes to do, both door panels, upholstery at the top storage compartment behind the seat, put the front fenders and hood on, and a few other minor things to do yet. It was a frame off job. I had to do very little woodwork on it, it was actually in very good shape. If you give me your email address, I will send you a few pictures of it, I don't know how to put them on the Forum. Thanks, Paul

• 4 months later...