1976 Buick Rivera For Sale Sandusky Craigslist

Rich Morton

Yes an interesting car especially since the owner decided to beef up the engine. Don't think I ever saw a souped up 74-76 series.

The 1976 S/R option was an interior trim package and they made 1706 of them (not the 1498 the add states). The interior came in two colors. Buckskin of which 543 were made and red (like this car) of which 1163 were made. The S/R package was only offered in 1976.

I sort of like these "forgotten years" Rivs, although I've never owned one. I like the high mount tail lights below the rear window. His price no doubt is due to getting some money back out of the engine mods.

It looks to me this Riv has 1974 tail light lenses. The lack of the Riviera logo in the lenses that model year stopped me from a change like that.

The 74-76 Riviera era is indeed a 'forgotten' one. Still I'm very impressed by the very smooth drive and luxury compared to all other (US) brands in the mid seventies. Admitting the 455 has a little less power than the years prior, but more than enough to get along with nowadays traffic (I use my '75 Riviera as a daily driver for about 30mls per day)