March 29 Stirling, NJ; 43rd Antique Automobile Flea Market

bill pritchett

43rd Antique Automobile Flea Market, Long Hill Community Center, South Warren Avenue, Stirling, NJ sponsored by the Watchung Chapter of the NJ Region AACA. It is conveniently off I-78 in Central NJ. Details may be found at http://local.aaca.org/watchung/.

This event is rain or shine with a lot of parts from people pulling them out of their garage as opposed to mostly commercial vendors.

I haven't been to this meet in years, but it used to be one of the best meets of the season. Oldest meet I remember was at a lodge on top of a mountain, then it moved to a school in the area,always a good turn out of people and parts. I plan on being there.

Yes, it is a good meet. The former place that had it was a high school that had some construction so they had a couple of years when it was not held. In addition they also had to find a new place. This is the second year at this location and the flea market is building up again after a hiatus.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Friartuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the same day as the South Jersey region meet at Sharpstown, formally known as Cowtown. Would have been nice if the two NJ regions didn't plan their events on the same day. </div></div>

As a vendor... this just doesn't make sense.

I'd very much like to attend the Stirling show, but having been to Cowtown and seen how huge the crowd there can be I'm headed south.

I recall one Spring I about froze going there in my 65 Rambler that had no heat, and holes everywhere in the floor board. Oh the hardship we vendors endure...! ( photo 2004 - Rambler in back ground )

cowtown_2004.JPG

I've never been to the Cowtown Meet, just too far a drive for an unknown meet. Maybe proponents of both events can state why attendane at one meet is better than the other? I'll be at Watchung, based on what I've seen years ago, lots of Pre War parts, folks I know and the diner in Scotch Plains.

• 2 weeks later...