1930 Desoto Parts

Guest Gary Price

Guest Gary Price

My neighbor has a 1930 Desoto 4 door I'm seriously considering buying. However (don't curse or shoot me)I'm wanting to Street Rod it. Which would leave me with a bunch of parts to sell. I'd keep the body parts and frame. Everything else I'd sell off. The suspension parts are in excellent condition. It has all new brakes/wheel cylinders. The wood spoke wheels look like new, and have like new tires. The spare tire is excellent. The seats are in great shape and have good upholstery (a blue mole hair type). Motor looks like new, but smokes. Transmission and rear are excellent. I would probably keep the rear leafs, but the front suspension, which is excellent condition, would be up for sale. I'd sale the vacuum wiper, steering wheel, column, steering gear, etc.

I don't know what kind of market there is for this stuff, but if I can sell it for a decent amount, I'm going to buy the car.

Guest Gary Price

If anybody wants to see pics of anything, I may be able to take some this weekend. I don't think the present owner will mind my coming and taking some pics, if he knows my buying it is contingent on being able to sell off the parts I don't need.

Let me know, and I'll ask him Saturday.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Mike 30 cj6

I Hope the deal worked out on your deSoto. I am in need of a front driver's side running board bracket. If you still have one or know where the excess parts went please let me know.

Mike