1929 Dodge DA production figures

That area is gray. I have never been able to find out how many of those were produced. For some reason, the DA's production numbers are not anywhere to be found. At least that seems to be the case as far as my research has told me.

It clearly states on another portion of this page no prod. figures avail. but I cannot even remember where I scanned this info from or if I have entire book somewhere. Does anyone recognize this and could also someone re-explain what all the #s mean under the 1-5 headings. I may have known at one point but cannot now remember.

post-48869-14313804287_thumb.jpg

Definitely an "OLD" Old Car Price Guide.

#1=Excellent condition value.

#2=Fine condition.

#3=Very good condition.

#4=Good condition.

#5=Restorable condition.

The book I have shows:

#1=$30,000

#2=$21,000

#3=$12,000

#4=$ 6,000

These values are for the 1929 Dodge DA6 sport phaeton.

This book is 6 years old so the values may reflect today's values since they all took a hit because of the "recession".

The production numbers of the 1929 L series Chrysler is absolutely NO indication of Dodge Brothers production numbers. It is a completely different animal. The Imperials were very high priced cars and I believe a lot fewer of them were made than the '29 Dodges. Even though it does not compare, yes I believe there were VERY FEW '29 DA phaetons made. I would guess fewer than 200.

keiser31- I agree 100% with what you're saying. The 1929 L Chrysler Imperial is not in the same ballpark, league, division, or game as the DA. Just to clarify (not to disagree with you) my point was not to compare the two VEHICLES, but to simply to compare the RATIO of the various body styles produced. These production ratios MIGHT have had some common denominator in the sales and marketing departments of the Chrysler Corp.(where decisions like 'How Many of What Kind' are made). Obviously, in the absence of any hard data, EVERYTHING is SPECULATION.

So I was sitting aroung the house the other day SPECULATING (actually taking a break from the Gemmer steering box I was completely rebuilding) and I did the math.

The RATIO of 41 Sport Phaeton bodied 1929 L Chrysler Imperials to the total 2506 of 1929 L Chrysler Imperials (all body styles) produced in 1929 (41/2506)=1.63%. (known and published facts).

The total # of 1929 DA's (all body styles) is approx. 83,000. Using the same 1.63% ratio MIGHT suggest a number like 1353 DA Sports Phaetons produced in 1929.(SPECULATION). Your guess of 200 Phaetons produced in 1929 indicates a ratio of 0.24% (less than a quarter of 1%)!!

And just to belabor the point check out this website from RM Auctions showing the SIX-figure sales prices with photos of the GORGEOUS Chrysler Imperials in the 29-34 era. Guaranteed to make you drool. (clean up your mess afterwards!) Joe

http://www.rmauctions.com/AuctionResults...AuctionYear=All