32 Cadillac V12

TexRiv_63

I have just acquired a 1932 Cadillac V12 5-passenger sedan. These days I'm not sure if I am fortunate or crazy, but right now I feel fortunate. This is an older restoration with a sad paint job but everything else appears to be in great shape. I am still checking it over but my immediate goal is to get it to pass state inspection so I can license it and drive it without restrictions. So far the only problem I have is finding a replacement headlight bulb, it uses a weird three-filament bulb and I will post on the buy and sell to see if anyone has one.

I will be joining the Cadillac-LaSalle Club and would like to hear from anyone with experience in this model who can help with potential pitfalls or other useful advice.

post-51036-14313804269_thumb.jpg

post-51036-143138042705_thumb.jpg

post-51036-143138042719_thumb.jpg

post-51036-143138042734_thumb.jpg

Johan,

I bought the bulbs from Bruce for $40 each. They are a repro of the 3003 bulb which is slightly different in socket depth and wattage but I had no problem using it. Bruce said he is running low on his supply and will not be making them again. He said he had not heard from many Cadillac owners but would like to. What other years used the three filament bulb?