1925 dodge bros clutch problem

Grizzly 1

I hate to think I have stumped everyone, but I may have..Problem: clutch disc won't separate..When engaging the clutch, entire clutch assembly moves, no separation of disc, it is put together properly, the clutch shaft seems to move too far backward, Is it possible for the clutch shaft to move into the tranny too far to not stop and allow for the throwout bearing to tilt on its axis to pull the plate B5593 backwards and thus compress the spring and release pressure on the disc. DOES ANYONE WITH DODGE BROS CARS HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS..I KEEP PUTTING THIS IN THE DISCUSSION AND NO RESULTS THUS FAR. Miles Cook

On my DB's the whole clutch assembly does move quite alot. But it still releases. If I recall correctly there is a small spacer between the clutch and the front bearing on the tranny. Is that there? I have also seen alot of wear in the hub of the clutch where the throwout bearing seats. Some of the worn ones have given me problems. Something else I just thought of, is your tranny/engine mount between the engine and bellhousing or behind the bell as it should be? If between, it would make the clutch move farther as it is a longer distance to the engine by the thickness of the mount.

• 4 weeks later...