Hey, old guys (like me) - check this out!

Guest DTerry

Guest alex_houston

I must have had at least one of each shown at one time or another. Wish I could have kept them all. Now I am just trying to get tires back on the 60 Kingswood and the 64 Coupe-deVille to put them back in the barn after the hurricane.

Some day all the others will have to be moved out for cleaning around them. Strange what 20 or 30 years of time will collect around and on my cars.

Now I will have a fine choice of Reattas there also when I get to be in my 90s.

Too bad you can only drive a few at a time!

I have had a bunch of these also, In fact I sold a show quality 61 corvette in 1976 just so I could get married. Got $3500.00 for it and felt good about that. Still have the same wife, cant afford to buy back a 61 Corvette. Still happy about that decision a long time ago and looking forward to the future.

I had a few of them, too. Brought back memories of things like Offenhauser heads, Iskenderian cams, Stromberg, Holley, and blocking the heat risers on Ford 59A-B flatheads so the charge ignited just a fraction late to produce that deep pop-pop-pop-pop sound. We equated noise with speed: If it was loud, it must be fast!

Yellow Belly drag strip in Grand Prairie (that's Texas, of course), and I can't right now remember the name of the one at Commerce; where a good day was two broken axles and a gear box to win a three dollar trophy.

P.S. Them'uz the good ole days, son, when you actually "tuned" an engine without having to send it to Bill Gates for re-programming.