1936 Lincoln Zephyr Filmstrip

Jim Ayres

Very interesting how Lincoln came out with the Zephyr (west wind) after Chrysler came out with the Airflow (wind). That skeletal frame structure sure looks like Airflow. Snip off that schnoz in the front and there you go....Airflow. Ha ha...just stirring things up.

Actually, the Zephyr body was better designed on two points: 1) It actually had lower wind resistance due to the pointy beak, and 2) Lincoln was able to execute its unibody construction at considerably less weight (I believe around 800 lbs.)

Check out the photo on my webpage that shows the bottom of a '37 coupe's unibody.

Thanks for sharing this with us Jim. I wonder if Dave Cole or anyone else in the club has the script that was used in the record that accompanied the film strip. It sure would be interesting to hear or read what the sales force was provided with.

Glad you guys liked it. The script probably exists somewhere in someones collection. I also found a filmstrip titled "The Exclusive Story of the 1965 Lincoln Continental" which I've posted along with the Zephyr filmstrip. I realized that I already had the script to that filmstrip in the form of a 'Retention Bulletin', confidential and for salesmen only. One day I'm going to do a voice over for the '65 filmstrip using that retention bulletin.

Cecil, great job so far on the Zephyr!

I also like your choice of colors on the Mustang.