64 Wildcat

Kenmando

are you looking for the whole car or just the 4-speed parts????

scott

there were 353-356ish something 2 door sport coupes built with a 4 speed

i dont know how many conv or 4 doors were built

a guy on v8 buick has the complete 4 speed setup that i sold him for one.....

scott

As far as coupes, that's the rarest one at 86. Once you start adding in options like A/C and posi, the numbers go down from there. Buick made less of the single 4 425 cars than the 2x4 425 cars.

If the car has factory A/C with 425 single 4, the number drops to 12.

Yeah, we're not sure where he came up with the 1 of 9 idea-

I recommended actual research to the seller and no interest was expressed. The Daily Car Reports are available at the Sloan Museum, that is where we got the info Matt is presenting.

Mark Lob looked at this car... he passed on purchasing... check it out thoroughly.

Ken, that car has been for sale for a long time. If you want the low down on it as far as details and how it drives, I would suggest contacting Mark Lob. He went to KC and drove it, and passed. It used to be a silver car, not red. Trunk material not original. Wrong year wheels.

If you can talk him down a bunch, it is a cool car and would be fun to own, but like I said, look it over well before purchase. If you have any specific questions about 64 Wildcats, I'd be happy to answer them if I can.

Have fun,

Matt

I saw the pictures of this car earlier, too. What I wondered about is the shifter pointing forward and the console. All the parts books and pictures I can find show the shifter curving to the rear of the car, and the shifting pattern displayed to the right of the stick, not below as pictured. Can one of you Wildcat experts clarify that?

... and the boomerang style shifter only came in the long console Wildcats in 63 and 64. It mounts on a large cast iron bracket and sits almost a foot behind the spot where floor shift/consolette shifter goes through the floor. The boomerangs are very cool to shift, it is more of a up and down motion rather than a forward and back like most stick shifts.

Matt