agreed value insurance

Guest daveagain909

Guest daveagain909

Does anyone here have ageed value insurance on there reatta? If so where do you get it and how much does it cost per year? I have collision on my car now but was thinking I am paying for something which may not give me the replacement value for my 1990 reatta with 106k miles in very good condition (about $5k). Any recommendations would be appreciated. I was told by someone that because reattas are not old enough nor collectible enough they do not warrent this type of insurance (insurance company opinion).

I am in the process and most companies will not cover that new of a vehicle. I have a quote from Heacock that looks pretty good and they did not hesitate to cover it...

But I am also getting a quote on my newly purchased 1939 Buick at the same time.

I got a quote $361 per year for both cars. Their limit on mileage is 1000 miles

Guest daveagain909

1000 a year, Seems pretty low? Hopefully there is something out there better? or does it cost more for more miles? I usually put on about 5000 or a little less per year. $361 is great for 2 cars.

I have agreed value through Hagerty. It is insured for $7,000. I also have 2 other Buicks insured through them. Hagerty typically doesn't have a limit but they don't like it if the car gets more than 2,500 miles per year. I seem to remember it was around $350 a year. Typically Hagerty requires a $15K agreed value for the newer collectables but they made an exception for mine when my agent made the request. It also carries the usual collector car caveats, you must have a driver car for daily use, no commuting, etc...

I have agreed value on my 90 coupe with "Country companys"

It is for 15,000.00 and the cost is around $200.00 full coverage(No deductable)for six monyhs and $20.90 for six months in storage.

The reason I have to say "around $200.00" is because when I call before I put it in to storage they send me a rebate check and the amount varies from year to year depending on the date I call.

It is one thing to have the coverage. It's another thing to try and collect. All my '91 convertibles were insured by Hagerty, and I felt comfortable with them. They have a good track record. My current '91 has an agreed value of $20,000 making the premium somewhere in the $400 area as a secondary vehicle

I have used Grundy for many years and they have agreed value, no mileage limits, no ded.,towing included. The Reatta is insured for 10,000 and the Riviera for 15,000 and the total came to about 350.00 per year. You have to have the cars garaged and must have another daily driver.

Guest daveagain909

I just got a quote for agreed value insurance for my 1990 coupe from american collectors insurance americancollectors.com The quote is $163.37/year with agreed value of $7000 with a max driving milage per year of 5000 miles. What do you guys think? anyone ever hear of this company? do they pay off? any experince by anyone?

498 Kings Highway North - P.O. Box 8343 - Cherry Hill, NJ 08002-0343

Telephone: 856-779-7212 - 800-360-2277 - Fax 856-779-7289

www.AmericanCollectors.com

Collector Vehicle Premium Estimate

Collector Vehicles

Type Year Make Model Requested

Value Annual

Mileage

1. Original 1990 Buick reatta $7,000 5000

Coverages

Vehicle 1990 Buick

Bodily Injury/Property Damage (10,000/20,000/10,000) $18.00

UM/UIM Bodily Injury (NonStacked - 10,000/20,000) $8.00

Basic PIP (Auto Only) (Nmd Ins - No Ded) $8.00

Liability Total $34.00

Comprehensive ($0) $65.45

Collision ($0) $62.30

Other Discount 15.00% Included

Vehicle Total $161.75

Annual Premium: $161.75

Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund: $1.62

Total Due: $163.37

I talked to Heacock about the mileage and for $30 more per year, they bumped the 1939 to 3000 miles (there was no 2000 mile option) Since I have no idea how many miles I might drive it I opted for the extra miles..... I can change it next year if necessary.