Basket Cases before & after........

Hello Bernie,

Your pictures and words have helped me to have the courage needed to start on the body work for my special. Would you please send me a larger version of a couple of your body tubing pictures? I would like to study up a bit closer, to get a feel for your engineering to configure curves and angular support that will stop body sag and flex. Oh yes, I am currently working on the timber structure for a 1930 LaSalle roadster. That is another adventure.........

Regards,

Alan

Hello Bernie,

If you have any additional pictures of the Lagonda or Jag. specials, during your body skinning process, I for one would like to see them. Did you do you own skin fabrication or farm that portion out to a body shop. Aluminum is forgiving, but to have a nice, straight body line, while avoiding bondo, that takes a real touch of the masters hand. I will watch for your PM, with pictures, this weekend. I hope to get my yard cleaned up of all the falling leaves before the snow falls on Sat.

Regards, Alan

Guest VeloMan

Your body panel work looks real good. Do you do it yourself? I must say that I like the small French cars, too (trying to resurrect a Peugeot Quadrilette this year).

Phil

Hi Phil

Thanks for the compliment. Most of the panel work is mine although the compound curves of the jag were beyond my capabilities so they were done by a professional here in Australia. You Peug sounds an interesting project. There are a couple of early 1920s Peugeots here in Melbourne but apart from an unrestored car locked away in a back shed of a local dealership I have not seen the others. How about some photos of yours.

Bernie (oldcar)

Hi Carine

Thanks for that . It belongs to a very brave German who has fitted lights and wings to a single seat supercharged 1500 cc racing car so that he can drive it on the road! At present he does not seem to be a member of the Register.

Cheers

Bernie J

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest roadtrip

I live for the old rust to driving again pictures.

Keep posting them. Maybe one day I can finish one.

For now these are for sale!

post-37110-143138031867_thumb.jpg

post-37110-143138031869_thumb.jpg

post-37110-143138031872_thumb.jpg

post-37110-143138031874_thumb.jpg

post-37110-143138031877_thumb.jpg