Sign in to follow this  
oldcar

Basket Cases before & after........

No Doubt some of you have been following the discussion on my Dixie Flyer posts but I have become aware that lost of you like to down load photographs. That I don't mind as long as you don't use them for target practice. Many of you will have realized that I am something of an OLDCAR Car Nut. I have been rescuing lost causes and basket cases almost all my life. Any one who has looked at my "MY BODY" post will appreciate that I am something of a rescued basket case myself.

Any way he is the first of my many rescues.

post-51681-143138018488_thumb.jpg

post-51681-143138018491_thumb.jpg

post-51681-143138018495_thumb.jpg

post-51681-143138018498_thumb.jpg

post-51681-143138018501_thumb.jpg

Some more photos this time a 1922 Citroen 5CV. there are more than 5 photos of this one so I will attempt to send some more tomorrow.

post-51681-143138018753_thumb.jpg

Believe it or not these two young ladies were clocked at just over 60mph (100kph) in this little rocket.

post-51681-143138018812_thumb.jpg

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">Downhill probably?! laugh.gif

I had one for many years, but it had max. speed of 40 km/h!

Gave it to my husband, he never wanted to drive it after he found out! Likes his fifties American cars better.

Nice 'body' work, Bernie whistle.gif

Carine</span>

Hi Carine

This one had lots of special bits in the engine and it weighed hardly anything. even the girls were light weight. A lot of people could not believe it. Sadly it was sold to a "Collector" and has not turned a wheel in the last ten years!

On a long twisty down hill run from the top of a mountain it sat on a MG TF's tail all the way.To complicate matters the foot brake worked on the transmission and the hand brake (the one you used) worked in tiny little drums on the back wheels only. If you used the foot brake for a panic stop it spun one back wheel in reverse. Very dicey!

Bernie J.

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">

I know Bernie! I used the hand brake also. grin.gif

But nevertheless it's a very handy car to drive in.

Gearing is prefect!

Citroen got a good start with small cars like these!

But what to think about my switched pedals in the Alvis (RHD),

brake right, throttle in the middle, that's dicey!!

smile.gif

Carine</span>

Hi Carine

Your problem with the pedals in the Alvis is that you don't drive it enough. We have just come back from a 1750 km (1 week) trip in the Lagonda. like all quality cars of the twenties and thirties it too has a central accelerator. If you drive it enough it comes as second nature.

Todays offering. A 1928 Morris Cowley (Flat-nose) roadster.

Please tell me if you are becoming bored

post-51681-143138018894_thumb.jpg

post-51681-143138018897_thumb.jpg

post-51681-1431380189_thumb.jpg

Keep them coming. Maybe I should dig in my files and post a few pictures of some I have drug home. Bernie, it is fun to see your pictures!!!

Regards From Utah,

Alan

We ALWAYS want to see more and more "before and after" shots. It's a HUGE part of our inspiration.

Bernie

Have you started this GREAT idea to show just what you've done? ... or were you hoping that everyone would upload before and after pictures? This is a great idea.

Hi West

I thought that the idea of this section of the forum was for ALL members doing restorations to show what they are doing/have done. I certainly don't wish to hog the limelight. Most of my rebuilds are of cars that may possibly be new to American Members. It seems to be that we Aussies tend to be "do'ers".

I am astounded by the number of downloads. What happens to all those photographs?

I have started the ball rolling, I have lots more but I/we would be delighted to see some of your cars.

Bernie J. (oldcar)

Bernie

I just didn't want to hi-jack your thread if you had meant for the "Before and After" to be yours. I enjoy seeing before and after pictures and noticed no one else loading them on here, so let the flood gates open.

As far as "download" counts, every time someone looks at your photo, it's considered a download. That doesn't mean someone has actually transferred a file onto their computer.

Here are the ongoing shots of the Morris Cowley. My belief is that you don't have to own a V16 Packard, a Grand Prix Bugatti or a Duesenberg to have fun with old cars. My main interest is in Pre War Cars but I have never owned a Bentley. I like little cars because I can work on them by myself with a very very limited workshop. The single car garage that you see in the background is where I do all my work. I refer to my self as an Impecunious Enthusiast. If you don't know the meaning of impecunious look it up in a good dictionary and you may understand. You may even have a good laugh!

Cheers

Bernie J. (oldcar)

post-51681-143138018966_thumb.jpg

post-51681-143138018969_thumb.jpg

post-51681-143138018974_thumb.jpg

These are the last of "Bottomley" so called because he was found at the bottom of a garden although some of my friends say that is because I was scraping the bottom of the barrel. Now let me see what you have been doing.........

post-51681-143138018977_thumb.jpg

post-51681-143138018979_thumb.jpg

post-51681-143138018982_thumb.jpg

Hello "B" Packard 32.

I finally sorted out the web site you suggested for Kentucky Mfg. This is the parent organization for Kentucky Trailer Previously known as Kentucky Wagon Mfg Co the makers of the Dixie Flyer. I am pleased to relate that this company is still very much in existence. While I cannot e-mail from their website I now have their postal address and a name so an air mail letter is on its way to them. Hopefully they may still have some records as they are proud of their history.

I will keep you informed.

Many thanks for the info.

Bernie J. (oldcar)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldcar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I refer to my self as an Impecunious Enthusiast. (oldcar) </div></div>

laugh.giflaugh.gif

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">Now I know why your cars aren't painted properly! grin.gif

Cheers, Bernie and thank you for the magnificent pictures!</span> cool.gif

post-56819-14313801917_thumb.jpg

This one is for you Carine.

Last time I saw it was as we left the new owners establishment in Geneva Switzerland after we had delivered it to his door (from Australia). I believe that it has changed hands a couple of times since.

post-51681-143138019911_thumb.jpg

post-51681-143138019914_thumb.jpg

post-51681-143138019915_thumb.jpg

post-51681-143138019917_thumb.jpg