1923 Big Six

According to the Car Spotter's Guide, it has a 353.6 ci engine, 126" wheel base, 33 x 4 1/2 tires, Wagner or Remy ignition. I had a 27 Big Six and found it to be a big, impressive car with more than enough power (65 HP) to move down the road at 50 MPH. It was a 50 MPH car with 20 MPH brakes. Mine was a 7 passenger custom sedan and was the first President model. What body style are you considering?

Frank

The Touring should have a higher top speed than the sedan had. I think my ring/pinion was around 4.25 to 1 ratio, while I think the touring is around 3.8 to 1. I can't remember the exact numbers. If it is the 7 passenger version, it's very impressive with the jump seats and 5 bow one man top....

Frank

Just a guess... 1924 Special Six. Is that the car you've been asking about? Looks too small to be the Bix Six. Tires are too narrow. My tires were 7.00 x 20 with disk wheels. Big Six had 6 bolt hubs and the Special Six had 5 bolt hubs. Beautiful Car!!!

I am thinking what you have there is a 1923 or 24 Model EM Light Six. If you can supply an engine number (or chassis number) I could identify it pretty easily. Other thing is what is the wheel base? EM cars were 112". Light Six was a 207 CID 40 HP engine.

Stude8

The 24 Special Six had a Packard shaped radiator shell, and I did not think the Light Six had the shaded visor. Disc wheels were optional - my 24 Touring had wood wheels and a friends 24 Roadster had the discs. My guess is 22-23 Special Six too, but serial numbers that are located on the frame rail under the front fender would tell the whole story.