Jump to content

freeze plugs

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i would advize you to get the brass , if you can't source them through a automotive dealer try your local engineering shop ,thats where i get mine here in New Zealand dont forget the one at the back of the block , if one is gone the rest are close behind .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest simplyconnected

I can't agree more, elmo39. Freeze plugs are readily available at EVERY engine build shop. I bought my brass plugs from my local performance/speed shop. ALL marine engines use brass plugs, too. They are sold in common inch sizes for older cars. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 365</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can someone give me the name specific supplier.</div></div> Where do you live???

ERSCO has been selling brass freeze (expansion) plugs in Michigan since 1959:


If you can't find a kit for your block, call them and let them know what sizes you need. Hope this helps. - Dave

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...