1990 Reatta

Don Hudd

Hello and welcome to the forum!

If you knew for sure that "no spark" was the only problem the car had then fixing it would be fairly easy. We could guide you on fixing that problem. However, without the car running you have no way of knowing what other problems the car might have.

Well, this is just my opinion and does not apply in all situations.

It is the seller's responsibility to get his car running and ready to sell. Not the buyer's. If the seller is not willing to do so and wants to sell the car AS IS that would throw up a large red flag to me as a buyer.

There are a lot of things that can cause the car to have "no spark" A bad ignition module or a bad crank trigger are the first things that come to mind.

I repeat, it is not a good idea to work on a car to get it to run before you buy it. There are lots of Reattas for sale out there. Start off with one that will run and you will be better off.

Guest Bobby Valines

How good is the body, how good of a Mackinac are you? Are you getting it cheap enough to sell cheap if all else fails? I think only you can answer this question. I have bought cars from auctions that didn't run, but i wouldn't pay more than the body's worth. The price of used cars are down right now. And we all know toys are expensive. Do you feel lucky.

Guest steakneggs

The first thing I would check is your spelling. The next thing I would check is the want ads for another Reatta. Any Reatta that can't be test driven is only worth the value of its parts. Steak

Guest MauiWowee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steakneggs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The first thing I would check is your spelling. The next thing I would check is the want ads for another Reatta. Any Reatta that can't be test driven is only worth the value of its parts. Steak </div></div>

What is it, every six months the spelling police have to show up?