Visitor to Australian National Meet

50jetback

Just got back from a month away to attend the Australian National Meet and pre and post meet tours. Had a lot of fun, did about 2000 kms in the 34 and nearly 9000 kms in the truck and trailer getting there and back. Will post a few photos when I get sorted but here are a couple of a visitor we had from your neck of the woods!

As you can see he was pretty good most of the time!!!

post-31244-143138006247_thumb.jpg

post-31244-14313800625_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_Thriller

But could Jack, with his "west coast" accent, make himself understood? grin.gif

A month and 11000 kms...wow...that's fairly intense. It's great you had a good time.

I know I'm looking forward to seeing more photos and hearing more about the meet. I'm also looking forward to seeing the banquet place mat that my wife has been promised.

A couple of interesting photos my wife took while travelling Queensland roads on the post tour.

That's what we call a B double road train, carries 4 decks of cattle ( about 80 head of fully grown cattle ). Over here in the West we let them drag 3 trailers carrying a hundred head at a time.

The trick is when you see one coming up behind you ( at about 100 kph ) you look for the first place you can find to pull over and let him go. You also need to wind the window up, or in my case at least pull your arm in, that stuff you can see running out the back of the truck and splattering on my windshield isn't rose water!!!!.

post-31244-143138006327_thumb.jpg

post-31244-14313800633_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_Thriller

Great photos of some neat cars...but did Jack like the XXXX? I used to have a t-shirt that said "I can feel a XXXX coming on". Some days I miss being young and full of pee and vinegar....