How do I get more air movement?

Guest snowdrift

Guest snowdrift

I am at my wits end. My air conditioning is cold enough, The problem is there is vertually no air coming out of the vents. I have replaced the programmer, I have taken the fan out and cleaned it. I have taken the programmer out 3 times trying various connections. The fan blows on high if you set it to the max cold but where the air is going is a mystery to me. I would appreciate any help you can give me!! Thanks. It is a 89 Reatta.

Guest F14CRAZY

The exact procedure isn't fresh in my mind, but I would disconnect the rod from the pitman or whatever you'd like to call it from the programmer and move it manually and see what it does. To "reset" I think I remember setting climate control to defrost and the rod going all the way left or right, which way I can't remember

Guest steveskyhawk

If all the cold air is coming out the defrosters then it is a vacuum leak. Without vacuum the default position is defrost. Pull the plastic panel by the wipers where all the plumbing is and the leak may be under there.

Guest Mc_Reatta

All the vacuum control hoses to the solenoids run from a manifold near the bottom of the controller box. If the line from the engine bay is disconnected you will have no ability to control where the air goes. The distribution lines determine if it goes up to the defrosters, out the dash, or the under the dash vents. There’s also one for recirculate or fresh air mix. Check the FSM for diagrams of all the components. The arm on the control box determines if the air goes past the heater coil or the evaporator, but it has to exit somewhere if the fan is doing its job.

A Reatta owner just sent me some pictures of the duct work.

If you look at the top center of the picture, you will see the evaporator through the hole where the blower moldule fits.

Pull the blower module and inspect your evaporator for "stuff" on my car, there was a thick mat of "stuff" that I removed with an attachment I made for my shop vac.

Solved the air flow problem.

post-30596-14313800554_thumb.jpg

Guest snowdrift

Thank you to everyone who chimed in and passed on their advise. It was greatly appreciated! Barney hit the nail on the head! The evaporator was plugged. It is so good to have AC again!