1936 Buick Century stainless beltline trim

tomwallace

I'm restoring a 1936 Buick Century four door sedan.

I have only the stainless trim along the sides of the hood but am lacking the rest. The beltline trim extends across the doors to behind the rear door.

I have contacted a lot of Buick parts guys but no luck.

Does anyone know of someone who would be able to make some trim

being that I do have a piece for a pattern?

It has a simple "fat half moon" contour and is about 1/2 inch wide. It is plumper than the simple trim used on some Packards. The trim made by the Packard guys has too flat of a profile.

Any help appreciated.

Tom Wallace, Dayton, OH

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Tom:

About 50 miles from you is a town named Mount Sterling. About 5 miles north of it on Route 56 just south of I71 is an old yard named Warners. I remember seeing a 36 Limited and a 36 Special in there a couple of years ago. It might be worth a trip.

Regards, Dave Corbin

I would certainly pay for postage for your trim. Was this trim from a parts car or did someone make it for you?

The trim is ½ inch wide and is about 3/16ths to ¼ inch thick.

Here’s my address. Much thanks.

Thomas Wallace

10557 Falls Creek Lane

Dayton, OH 45458

I can find no one to make it for me.

Tom-- The pieces of trim are from a 80 series.Because you are working on a 60 series and the difference of 9" in their respective wheelbases the lengths may be different.(It is better and much easier to shorten than lengthen!)I didn't bother to get my parts catalog out to compare numbers or lengths. The cross section is as you described. Also if you could find someone to set up and roll these pie ces on a short order run ,believe me you would be spending several hundred dollars, they are very labor intensive to reproduce. One pair is 29 1/2",one pair is 36 1/2" all 4 with square ends. One pair is 24 1/2" and has pointed ends. Thanks for the address, I'll send them on their way. Regards, Bob