sad news

29 Chandler

Today the greatest ambassador the Chandler-Cleveland club has ever known passed away. Fred Hansen led our club from it's inception to the point where his health would no longer let him be a leader. Like a good father he made sure the responsibilities of the club were in good hands before he passed. Fred and his wife Jan recently hosted a CC event in their hometown of NY. I wish now more than ever that I was able to attend. My last chance to say good-bye to a good friend. Please join me in saying a few words about Fred and to express our condolences to Jan and her family.

Wow! I had heard from others that Fred was ill, but I didn't realize things were this bad.

Yes, Fred was great guy and wonderful leader for our group for many years. He and Jan were always great to be around and he always had a smile on his face and truly liked other people.

He and I had a couple of things in common. First our appreciation of Chandlers, but we also worked for the US Postal Service. Fred had recently retired, but I have been retired almost 5 years now.

I am very sorry to learn of his passing. I cannot imagine the sadness his family must be experiencing right now. I will miss him.

Guest 29Chandler

I had the privilege of meeting Fred a few years back at Hersey after joining the Chandler club.

What a Gentleman. Got to spend a few days with Fred and Jan at the Chandler get-together in July. We had a wonderful time and they did a fantastic job pulling the event together.

Fred had a love for the Chandler’s and enjoyed talking about them. He made my wife and I feel welcomed, and he would give you the shirt off his back. He will be missed!!!

I feel lucky to have known him. Jan our prayers to you and the family in this tough time.

God Bless, Jerry & Kim Hill

Our deepest condolences to the Hansen family from his antique auto friends in central New Jersey. We were first acquainted to Fred and the family when we were introduced through Jess Jordan where they stayed at the Scandinavian Hotel in Meyerstown, PA. That was when Fred started attending the fall car flea market and auto show in Hershey, Penn which he regularly attended. That was 20 plus years ago and when Eric was just a lad. Fred was looking for Chandler parts along with studying other Ford model A cars for tips on how to restore his. Jules and Terry Baron fondly remember their vacation to Niagara Falls a few years ago which brought them through Seneca to meet with Fred and the family. We were delighted to see the second Chandler car he recently bought and was able to share with the family. Fred’s mild and soft spoken manner will be very, very much missed.

Jules Baron

Jess Jordan

Chris Wantuck

Bruno Hornung

Sonny Zuchniewicz

Ken Clayton

The below picture was taken at the Fall Hershey meet in 2007. Fred, Jan, Jess Jordan and of course the Chandler.

hansen.jpg

Guest 1929Chandler

We are very sad to hear of Fred's passing. In the 8 years we've known Fred he has always been passionate about carrying on the Chandler legacy. Fred was very helpful with any problem that we ever had with the Chandler or Cleveland automobiles. What a great loss to us all. Our prayers are with Jan and the entire family. Our club has definately lost a wonderful leader. Shelia and I too are saddened that we were unable to attend the meeting this year. We must all try very had to carry on Fred's legacy and the passion that he had for the Chandler and Cleveland Automobiles.